where the cheese went

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Location: Banff, AB | Length of Stay: 10 days

Not at the Rockies yet - the view from the plane hours away from AB, Dec 27

The Great Canadian Rockies is an excellent hotspot for winter sports: alpine skiing, snowboarding, stuff that gives you the adrenaline rush and makes you look cool...you name it buddy. I have zero athletism and detest pretty much everything that has to do with the body in regards to physical workout, eye-muscle coordination, balance and speed; especially speed.

What on earth am I doing here?

(1) I’m visiting a roommate cum friend of mine, Jae Yong, whom with her boyfriend, In Sung, had graciously offered me accommodation during my 10 days stay here. Hence, it’d be nice to catch up with her and finally meet her better half as I’ve heard lots about him.
(2) Attempt to bond with the North and her majestic winter. (Disclaimer to Self: You've never quite gotten used to the cold in Toronto even after having lived there for 6 years. What awaits you in Banff?)
(3) When I’ve reached the point where all else that could have been done had been done, I might attempt skiing depending on my gust-O meter reading.

After (with this I also meant ‘if’) I've tried skiing, survived it and have grown bored by the 7th day - which I doubt I will - I’m sure that there must a sufficient pool of hot, international athletes with exotic accents hanging abouts and around town after coming back from hitting the slopes, ever-ready to feed the eyes of any agreeable married and unmarried lady. I’m also sure that I don’t have to wait until the seventh day to do that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment