where the cheese went

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mini Chapter with the Customer: A Pretty Name!

I was helping a customer over the phone today with her tickets, trying my best to find her the best available seats in the hall which was challenging with a close to sold-out show. Towards the end of her phone call, she asked for my name...

Customer: What is your name?
Me: Siew Ling.
Customer: What?
Me: 'See-you-ling.'
Customer: I'm having a hard time hearing you, spell it!
Me: S-I-E-W-L...
Customer: No, I want you to spell me your name!
Me: S-I-E...
Customer: You're not understanding me here, I want you to SPELL me YOUR name!
Me: That is my name ma'am, but I never got to finish spelling it.
Customer: Oh. I meant your first name!
Me: That is my first name. Allow me to finish. It's S-I-E-W-L-I-N-G.
[Akward silence]
Customer: Well, you have a pretty name.
Me: (T's too late lady, too late.) Thanks.

2 comments:

TomasT said...

How do you spell your name again?

Ed said...

FYI, you do have a pretty name, at least by the canadian standard :/

Post a Comment