where the cheese went

Monday, September 19, 2011

An Interview at the Career Fair

This little lady interviewed me at a career fair
For a position her boss had posted on customer service care
She sat down with a sigh, which I’m sure she must be tired
And told me how inept I was after skimming my application
I defended my opportunity by articulating all my experience
Surprised, she put on her glasses to re-read what I’ve written
I agree that you have experience,” said she
But your forte is in media coordination.
I’d like to work in media coordination," said I
Since I’ve a BA in communication.
But recruiters in media coordination would never grant me employment
Since I’ve got no such experience
I’ve only worked in customer care and administration
By which she responded with a smile of a world class beauty queen
Said she’ll forward HR my CV and we’ll have to wait and see
I said "sure thing!" and thanked her for the time that she had spared
Then turned around to realized, who on earth gives a care?
Tough luck keeps twirling and prancing, orbiting in silly circles
Like a dog chasing its tail while the cat contently watches
Will I be a coordinator, a writer or something I'm meant to be?
As long as I remain alive, opportunity might just find me
Then again, reality bites, how more cliché could it get?
I shouldn’t, couldn’t, wouldn't and daren't count much on it.



Image photographed on 24, October 2010 at TO's Black Creek Village. Time speeds by with edgier than cutting edge bio-engineered turbo wings!

2 comments:

Ed said...

Touche, a BA in English didn't help me get a job in publications. I'm still stuck with teaching ESL :(

Athena said...

I'm very sorry to hear that! You need a CAREER not not a job!

Post a Comment